We’re happy to announce the founding of SAEG, the Swiss Association for Esports and Gaming. On October 25 th the association was founded by 31 members in Bern. The long-term mission of SAEG is the following:
Our mission is to elevate the Swiss gaming and eSport scene as a hobby and athletic
profession. We want to make gaming a respected activity in the eye of the general
public. We also want to make gaming more attractive to more players and spectators.
We strive to establish eSports as an attractive opportunity for investors, sponsors and
One of our goals is to make sure that Swiss eSports competitions for professionals and amateurs are being organised in a sufficient number and on a high level of quality. We support organisers of existing and new events financially and with promotion, infrastructure or know-how. We also assure that there’s the possibility for players and teams to compare their skills outside of events.
Another goal is to support new and existing organisations in becoming more professional. We provide tools and offer incentives to boost collaboration between existing organisations and assist teams in becoming professionally organised.
One more is to run a web-platform, which is the central hub for Swiss gaming and eSports. The objective of this platform is to promote & cover tournaments, streams and other events as well as facilitating communication within the community. We also aim to educate and inform the general public about what gaming entails, and the risks and benefits associated with it.
The elected board represents the whole spectrum of the Swiss eSports- and gaming scene and will tak up their work immediately. In the next few months they will elaborate concrete projects which want to be realized in the next months. The goal is to present those projects by end of 2016 to potential sponsors and start realizing them in 2017.
The following people were elected as board members:
- Yann Beaud - Former president of PolyLAN, an event organiser in the Romandy. Yann Beaud will be the president of the board.
- Cédric Schlosser - CEO of MYI Entertainment, an event organizer in the Swiss German area and manager of the esports team mYinsanity
- Stephan Rodriguez - Vice-president of Gaming Federation an event organiser in the Romandy
- Alina Limacher - Representative of SwissSMP.ch, a gaming community in the Swiss German area
- Camille Oggier - President of Red Instinct, an eSports team supporting players in the Romandy and France
- Yannick Widmer - Hearthstone player of Qualitas Helvetica, an eSports team supporting players from the Romandy
- Adrien Martinoli - Founder of Geneva E-Sport and organizer of the Geneva Gaming Convention
- Kevin Frey - Representative of Silentgaming, an eSports community supporting players from the Swiss German area
- Lukas Jakob - President of Arctic Gaming, an eSports team supporting players from the Swiss German area
The foundation of SAEG was initiated and supported by the RAI Lab – the innovation Lab of Raiffeisen Switzerland (3th largest Bank in Switzerland). They supported the interim board with infrastructure and knowledge for the process of setting up an association to unify and represent Swiss gaming organizations. Raiffeisen keeps supporting the new board’s working process from the background to help them acquiring long-term sponsors for SAEG’s projects.
Swiss eSports or gaming organisations which want to join SAEG can get more information by sending an E-Mail to : contact [at] saeg [dot] ch
French, German, English : press [at] saeg [dot] ch
Press KitPresse release in PDF